Born and raised in Los Angeles, California, Meghan loves her hometown.
Here is one of the things she said about her hometown:
When I tell people I’m born and raised in LA, typically eyebrows arch and a look of bewilderment crosses over their faces. LA is a city of transients – people coming from all over the world searching out the Hollywood dream, the beautiful weather, and the California way of life; us natives are few and far between. Having grown up in The City of Angels, I love to stay on top of what new fitness/eating/health crazes are sweeping the city, but at the end of the day, I always go back to many of the same incredible standbys. By virtue of being in Los Angeles, the access to fresh produce and vibrant flavors make it a no brainer to eat clean and alkaline, and to fill your belly with the meals that make you look and feel fantastic. Plus, when it’s bikini season virtually 9 months out of the year, you’re sure to find some added inspiration to take care of your body. Above all of that, the way of life in my LA is all about taking care of your mind and spirit just as much as your body.
And as for Meghan’s favourite places to eat, drink and shop in LA? Keep scrolling…
- Sugarfish Sushi Restaurant (Meghan shared a picture of this chain’s sushi dinner back on Instagram in November 2016, adding the caption: “Yes, please! #theresnoplacelikehome #sushi.)
- Fresh Corn Grill: Back in 2012, Meghan said: “If you ever find yourself in LA, go to Fresh Corn Grill and order salmon tacos. It sounds a little strange at first, but trust me, they are insanely good! I dream about those tacos, and they are not paying me to say that.”
- Real Food Daily Meghan says: “This is the original vegan restaurant in LA – with two locations, and a menu as varied and inviting as it is healthy (think Mexican-inspired vegan tacos, seasonal platters, and delicious cashew cheesecake that’s heavenly). I always crave their “real food meal” which is a perfectly balanced plate of pickled veggies, garlicky greens, beans, grains, and a dressing of your choosing. I love the lime cilantro one, and literally order this to take on the plane before every flight!“)
- La Scala – Meghan says: This is a Beverly Hills institution, and when I’m home there’s not a week that goes by that I don’t have their chopped salad with turkey. It’s beyond simple – shredded lettuce, shredded turkey, garbanzo beans, and I add cucumbers and tomatoes. This salad is one of those mysteries in life to me – I can try as I might to recreate it at home, but La Scala does something magical to this thing. It’s worth a stop – and great for star sighting as well.
- M Cafe – Macrobiotic meals served up daily . Meghan says “their breakfast burrito in a brown rice wrap is craveable, and their salad selections and miso salmon are equally delicious. I go here for a casual meal or for takeout. The last time I was there I saw Alicia Silverstone. Healthy foodies always find the right spots.”
- Erewhon – The holy grail of health food stores. Meghan says “I have been coming here since high school, and whether you are grocery shopping, grabbing a meal to go or sitting at the elixir bar, you will find every product you need that makes eating healthy so easy. Biodynamic wines, house made kombucha, collard green wraps are just the beginning. It’s awesome!”
- Sushi Park – Just hands down Meghan’s favorite sushi in LA. Meghan recommends sitting it at the sushi bar and ordering omakase. Meghan says “It’s in a strip mall as most good LA sushi spots are, and they have a sign that says “No California rolls.” Don’t come here if you’re looking for cream cheese in your hand roll – it’s just beautiful, clean, fresh sushi.
- Pilates Platinum (Meghan has previously said Pilates Platinum is “the best workout in town”, and provides a testimonial for the studio’s website in which she says “you leave feeling (and looking) even better”. The studio was founded by Meghan’s personal trainer, and close friend, Heather Dorak.
- Hiking Trails of Los Liones – Meghan shares that her favourite trail in LA is Los Liones where you can trail run and see a stunning view of Santa Monica, Malibu, and on a clear day all the way out to Catalina Island. Meghan shares “My mom and I do this run when I am home and it’s so feel good it’s amazing.
- Hiking Runyon Canyon. Meghan shares “My relationship with this hiking trail is love/hate. There are about four different routes at various levels, dogs run free, and the views are beautiful (you can see all of downtown LA and Hollywood). The hate part is that on weekends it can get crowded and there is endless Hollywood talk of auditions and projects that are greenlit. If that’s entertaining to you, or if you just tune it out, you’ll be tapping into a quintessential LA hike.”
- The Detox Market – A cute little shop for natural products, be it beauty products and candles, lovely gifts and chemical free nail polishes. Meghan also shares” Plus it’s next door to Beverly Hills juice where you can go to one of the OG places for fresh pressed juice. Can’t beat a classic“).
- Meghan grew up in Los Angles in a modest one-story bungalow.
Sources : Meghan Markle Instagram | The Tig | Hello!