The announcement that we have all been waiting for is FINALLY here – Meghan Markle and Prince Harry are engaged!
The couple have made their engagement formal, with an announcement coming this morning from Clarence House on behalf of His Royal Highness the Prince of Wales (Prince Charles), Prince Harry’s father.
Quick Recap: The couple was engaged earlier this month in London and they will live in Nottingham Cottage at Kensington Palace, with a wedding in Spring of 2018. Harry also asked Meghan’s parents for permission before the proposal, with a statement also being released by Meghan’s parents indicating how excited they were about the engagement.
The interview of the couple was absolutely delightful – here it is if you weren’t able to check it out live.
- Meghan and Harry were roasting a chicken when he proposed, about 18 months after they first met.
- About the proposal, Meghan says: “It was so sweet and natural and romantic, he got on one knee… As a matter of fact I wouldn’t let him finish his sentence!”
- Meghan says her newly-public life is a big change from her “quiet life,” and she has chosen to avoid reading any press around her.
- Harry says he fell in love with Meghan “incredibly quickly” and described her as a “beautiful woman who literally tripped and fell into my life”
- Meghan says she will focus even more energy on the causes she has already worked on in her new role as a royal.
- Harry says that Catherine has been a huge support in his and Meghan’s relationship.
- Meghan says one of her rescue dogs is already in the UK, the other is currently staying with friends.
The following day, an official press release was sent to members of the media with more details on the wedding. The wedding will take place in May 2018 at St. George’s Chapel, Windsor Castle.
The couple hope to share the day with friends, family, and the public (yay!). Additional details will be announced in due course.
Shoes: Aquazzura Matilde Crisscross Pumps
Coat: The Line White Mara Trench
Ring: Cleave and Company, Prince Harry designed the ring with one stone coming from Botswana (remember the couple’s recent holiday) and two diamonds from Diana’s personal collection.
Earrings: Les Plaisirs de Birks Yellow Gold and Opal Earrings
For those who may be new to the Meghan Markle/Prince Harry relationship (Hello! Welcome!), the couple met in the summer of 2016, with Meghan having been pictured at various events in London that summer, including Wimbledon. (You can get the details on her sunglasses from that great look here)
Since that time, speculation only increased about their relationship with an unprecedented statement from Kensington Palace asking for the Press to respect Meghan’s privacy leading to the couple’s first “engagement” together at the Invictus Games in Toronto this summer. (You can get details on all of those looks here)
We, for one, could not be more excited about the announcement and the tremendous excitement that will lead up to the ROYAL WEDDING – and yes, we can all freak out about it now – soon. (You can read all about our speculation on Meghan’s wedding dress here)
We can not wait to hear our thoughts. What do you think about the engagement? What did you think about her look? Do you think being a member of the British Royal Family will change Meghan? Share below!